Please see the following reminders for upcoming events:
- The first quarter ends on Thursday, October 17th, with an 11:30am dismissal time. There will be no school Friday, October 18th. The Academic Release day on Monday, October 21st, will be for all students. There will not be school that day.
- Students who are trying to make honor roll will have a few extra days next week to finish up any last minute work. Although it is the first week of the second quarter, some student are working hard to get honor roll and we wanted to extend some grace to help them achieve their goal.
- The fundraiser for Amish goods will start tomorrow. Students will have until November 6th to return order forms with the money collected. All monies need to be paid up front for these products. We will be setting up prizes for participants including top sales in each learning center and random participation prizes for all students who sell at least $200 worth of products. Because this fundraiser affects financial aid, we are asking all families to participate as much as possible as it will directly impact the amount of aid we will be able to give out next year.
- Please remember that we collect Box Tops for Education as well as Chick-Fil-A receipts from Eastgate and the Westmoreland Mall. PLEASE turn in cut-out box tops by October 28th to be sent in. We can still collect, but we need to send in the clipped ones by the end of the month.
- The annual Spaghetti dinner is on November 8th. Next week, we will be sending home cards for students to invite family and friends. The dinner benefits veterans, financial aid, and ACE Student Convention. Veteran’s will be recognized and given a special gift purchased from these funds in our Veteran Sunday Service on November 10th. Students are asked to put their names on the cards they hand out. We will collect the cards that night when people pay for their dinner and will have a prize for the students who get the most cards turned in.
- Please remember to contact the school if your child will be absent or late. The school phone is 724-221-0267. It is important to text or call this number as supervisors (and principal) are not always available on their personal phones or able to pass messages along.
- On Sunday, we will be having a parent/teacher fellowship in the Memorial Annex. It is a great opportunity to discuss where students are at, how they are adapting, and the direction they are heading. No students are to be at this function. I hope you will plan to stop by and fellowship with staff and other parents for at least a few minutes from 4pm-7pm.
- Kindergarten parents – there will be an extended Academic release day for all kindergarten students. There is no kindergarten class on Tuesday, October 22nd.
- The Mother/Daughter volleyball game has been rescheduled for October 31st at 5pm.
- CEC (Christian Educator’s Convention) is on November 4th and 5th. Our staff will be going to this event to take workshops to continue their personal and professional education. There is no school for students these days as all staff will be attending the convention.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions!