April 23, 2018
I cannot believe we are in the last month of school! It has been such a fantastic year with the best students and parents anywhere. I hope that you will be praying along with us that we finish this year strong. There are several events that I wanted to draw your attention to
1. Merit Lunch – Tomorrow, Tuesday the 24th, we will have the merit lunch for those who purchased. This is only a handful of students who already know they will have lunch provided tomorrow.
2. Friday, May 4th, we will have a merit sale in the school. This is an opportunity for students to purchase items with the merits they earn. It will also be their chance to purchase the big end-of-the-year merit trip scheduled for May 11th.
3. Friday, May 11th, will be the last scheduled merit trip for the year. All of the students who purchase the trip will be going to the Pittsburgh Zoo. We will leave here at the beginning of the school day and return to the school at approximately 5:00pm. Parents will need to make arrangements to pick up their students from the school as there will be no bus transportation that afternoon. All students are to bring a sack lunch to the zoo as no lunch will be provided that day.
4. Tuesday, May 15th, will be the Speedy Reader Reward Trip. Students who completed the program as the teacher has explained will have the opportunity to go out for lunch and a special time with Pastor Schwender. The teacher will inform all students eligible for the trip with a note sent home to the parents.
5. Thursday, May 17th, is the first scheduled day of Academic Early Release. Students who are eligible for those days off will be notified by the supervisor earlier in that week.
6. Thursday, May 24th, is the last day of school. This will be a half day with a noon dismissal.
7. Friday, May 25th, at 6:00pm is the Graduation and Awards night. All students are required to be in attendance for this event
Box Tops and Chick-Fil-A receipts – Please continue to collect and send in box tops and Chick-Fil-A receipts throughout the year.
Please let me know if you have any questions.