I wanted to send out a newsletter with upcoming events, especially related to the Holidays. Please take note as there may be changes from the calendar we sent out at the beginning of the year.
- Thanksgiving – Wednesday is an 11:30am dismissal time. We will be off school Thursday through Monday. School will resume as normal on Tuesday, the 29th.
- Giving Tuesday – Our church participates in Giving Tuesday. It is a chance that donations get matched by Meta (Facebook). This year, the matching funds will be split between school and church use. If you would like to make a donation, please find the fundraiser on Pastor Lear’s Facebook page (David Lear) and donate on Tuesday, the 29th between 8am and noon.
- Basketball – Practices will start next Thursday, December 1st (yes, you read that right – next Thursday is December already). Practices will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3pm-5pm.
- Day off – Due to church activities, Monday, December 12th, will be a day off for students.
- Store – On Thursday, December 15th, we will be having a merit store that will also have items for sale for cash. This will give an opportunity for students to purchase gifts for friends and family. Most items will cost less than $5.
- Christmas – Thursday, December 22nd, will be the last day of school prior to Christmas. It will be a full day of school with a Christmas party to end the day. We ask each family to send in some sort of snack to share with the school. In addition, if your child would like to participate in a gift exchange, they will need to bring a gift valued between $5 and $10.
- January – School will not resume after Christmas until Monday, January 9th!
- Basketball Camp – We will have a basketball camp on Friday and Saturday, January 6th and 7th. The cost will be $50 per player. Anyone interested in being on the basketball team is encouraged to attend.
I pray you have a great Thanksgiving!