Please see the following reminders for upcoming events:
- Pizza order forms are being sent home today. The order form must be turned in tomorrow with the money for us to be able to order pizza for your child(ren) for Friday.
- The 9th-12th graders will have a field trip to Lauren Caverns on October 14th. Detailed information about this trip, as well as the other two field trips, can be found in the news section of our website under “Field Trip Info”. The cost for this trip is $10 per student and must be paid by Friday, October 11th in order for students to attend.
- The first quarter ends next Thursday, October 17th, with an 11:30am dismissal time. There will be no school Friday, October 18th. The Academic Release day on Monday, October 21st, will be for all students. There will not be school that day.
- We have made it a tradition to recognize Cancer Awareness Month during October. This year, we will be doing a fundraiser selling Amish dips and jellies. We will send home more information on the fundraiser in the near future. All proceeds for the fund raiser will be split three ways – 1/3 will go to the school sports program to help pay for referees and such, 1/3 will be applied towards the financial aid grants that have been given out this year, and the remainder will be split between two families battling cancer in our school. We plan to add a few fun days in the month to help raise school spirit as well as add funds that will go to these families.
- Please remember that we collect Box Tops for Education as well as Chick-Fil-A receipts from Eastgate and the Westmoreland Mall. PLEASE turn in cut-out box tops by October 28th to be sent in. We can still collect, but we need to send in the clipped ones by the end of the month.
- Students must be academically eligible (A Privilege) to participate in sports. That means that all students who wish to participate in sports must have eight tests passed by the end of the week.
- Please remember to contact the school if you child will be absent or late. The school phone is 724-221-0267. It is important to text or call this number as supervisors (and principal) are not always available on their personal phones or able to pass messages along.
- At the end of the first quarter, we will be having a parent/teacher fellowship in the Memorial Annex. I hope that you will plan to be here October 20th to meet with your child(ren)’s teachers. It is a great opportunity to discuss where they are at, how they are adapting, and the direction they are heading. No students are to be at this function.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions!