As many posts on Facebook start:
Warning…Long Post Ahead! There are some very important dates and details for the busy Christmas season, so please read carefully!
1. Christmas Photos – we will be taking special Christmas photos of the students on Wednesday, December 11th. Please have your students dress accordingly. Normal school attire is acceptable, but we will also allow for students to dress up in their “Sunday Best”. If you have a question about what they can wear, please ask their supervisor.
2. Basketball – the schedule is posted on the school calendar found on the bbcalatrobe.com website. We will also send out a printed copy in the near future. Check with your player’s coach if you have any questions.
3. Student Store – we are sending home some information today on a student store we will be having Thursday, Friday, and Monday (the 12th, 13th, and 16th). There is an envelope and letters detailing how the program works. This is a great opportunity for your student to shop for family and friends at a very reasonable price. The school will not make any money from this, we just wanted to offer it as a courtesy to our families. Students who get their goals done early next week will be able to have some time to wrap those presents as well. We have some parents volunteering to run the store. If you are able to help for some time during those three days, please let me know. Also, if you are free a couple afternoons next week and would like to help students wrap gifts, please let me know that as well.
4. Christmas Party – The last day of the semester will be Thursday, December 19th. We will be having a Christmas party that afternoon here at the school. Students are going to be having a gift exchange. It is not required, but if you would like your student to participate, have them bring a gift that is approximately a $5-10 value to exchange with others in their learning center. Boys should bring gifts appropriate for boys, and girls should bring for girls. We are also asking each family to bring a small snack (cookies, chips, etc.) to share with the school. This year, we are extending the invitation for parents to join us from 1:00pm-2:30pm. I know it is in the middle of the day, but we would love for you to be here!
5. Merit Store – there will be a merit store on Tuesday, December 17th. Students will have an opportunity to spend some of the merits they have been earning this year.
6. Christmas Break – There is no school from December 20th – January 3rd. School will resume on January 6th as normal.
7. Convention – Each year, our 8th-12th grade students are able to participate in Regional Student Convention. Miss Rachel Schwender heads up our convention efforts where students compete in a variety of events against schools from all over the region. Students who wish to participate must pay a non-refundable $50 deposit by January 17th. Convention will be the week of April 13th in Mt. Bethel, Pa. The total cost for convention will vary based on how many students go and how much we can raise over the next few months, but would not be more than $250 per student (including the deposit).
8. Weather – please remember that we go by Derry Area School District for closings and delays. We will also try to send out a text this year to help parents once we have that information.
Thank you for being a part of our school family. We do not take that lightly. We love our students and families and are truly grateful that God allows us to do what we do. If you have any questions, please let me know.