We truly have the greatest students in the world! I am so glad to be a part of this school and an extension of your home. We wanted to take a few moments today to send home a few reminders. Please let us know if you have any questions!
- Pizza order forms are being sent home today. The order form must be turned in tomorrow with the money for us to be able to order pizza for your child(ren) for Friday.
- There is no school for students on Monday, September 16th. This is an Act 80 day for staff. I have been asked what that means – the legal definition is that it is a day “to ensure that teachers are able to provide high-quality instruction to students.” At different times of the year, we do different things with staff to accomplish this; such as continuing education, class or room preparation, and times of prayer for the families of the school. It is a vital part of our calendar and helps us maintain a balance of academic and spiritual growth as a staff so that we can pass that along to the students.
- We will be taking school pictures for the yearbook on September 18th. Guys are encouraged to wear a dress shirt for their pictures. Ties and suit coats are allowed as well. Girls are permitted to wear dresses or a nice skirt/top for their photos. Please make sure they have sleeves, are not form fitting, and the skirts are at least knee length. Questions regarding ladies’ style of clothing should be directed to the female learning center supervisors.
- Parents of kindergarten students, please note that there is no kindergarten on Monday, September 23rd.
- Please remember that we collect Box Tops for Education as well as Chick-Fil-A receipts from Eastgate and the Westmoreland Mall.
- Volleyball games are on the school calendar. Our first home game is Friday. I hope you will come and cheer on our Lady Patriots!
- Students must be academically eligible (A Privilege) to participate in sports. That means that all students who wish to participate in sports must have four tests passed by the end of the week.
- Please remember to contact the school if you child will be absent or late. The school phone is 724-221-0267. It is important to text or call this number as supervisors (and principal) are not always available on their personal phones or able to pass messages along.
- At the end of the first quarter, we will be having a parent/teacher fellowship in the Memorial Annex. I hope that you will plan to be here October 20th to meet with your child(ren)’s teachers. It is a great opportunity to discuss where they are at, how they are adapting, and the direction they are heading.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions!