It has been a crazy start to the second semester! Thankfully, things seem to be calming down just in time for some of our favorite upcoming events. Here are some calendar details to try to help you get ready for these activities.
- Basketball – Check on the school calendar for the many upcoming basketball games that are your opportunities to come out and show your support for their hard work!
- Valentine’s Day – We have off Monday, February 14th. As a result, we are not planning any school parties. You are more than welcome to have students bring in valentines to exchange on Friday, the 11th, but there will not be an organized party time.
- President’s Day – Monday, February 21st, will be a day off school for President’s Day.
- Winter Olympics – All of our students are being split into 4 different countries to represent during the BBCA Winter Olympics. Opening ceremonies will be on February 15th, with daily competitions going on through the closing ceremonies on February 24th (in conjunction with Spirit Week). In addition to fun games and prizes, the biggest way to earn points will be for a country presentation (informational presentation led by seniors) and country dress-up day (Thursday, the 24th).
- Spirit Week – Spirit week is the 22nd-25th. The following outlines the dress-up days for that week, but please make sure to keep outfits modest – ask your supervisor if you have questions:
- Tuesday – Disney Day – dress up in a Disney costume or t-shirt.
- Wednesday – Decade Day – dress up in an outfit that represents any decade you prefer (i.e. 1920s, 1950s, 1880s, etc.)
- Thursday – Country Day – for the closing ceremonies of the Olympics, dress up to represent the country you are assigned. Students will know their country today so they can start planning.
- Friday – Spirit Day – Wear school colors (blue, white, gray) and show off your team spirit. We will be having a Pep Rally to kick off the BBCA Invitational.
- BBCA Invitational – On Friday, the 25th, students not participating on the basketball teams will be dismissed at 11:30am. Parents must be present for students to stay for the remainder of the day. Each year, we ask for donations for this event. If you are able, please consider providing cases of water, soda, and Gatorade as well as mixed bags of chips (individual servings) and Little Debbie Big Box cakes.
- End of Quarter – it is hard to believe that we are halfway through the third quarter. Friday, March 11th will be the final day with an 11:30am dismissal. Spring Break will be the following week, the 14th-18th.
- Standardized Testing – We will be issuing standardized testing this year on March 21-23. Although we do not put a lot of stock into these results as they are not always accurate, it will help us get some insight as to where each student is individually.
- BBCA Sunday – With Regional Student Convention coming up in early April (the 4th-8th), we are going to have a special BBCA Sunday on March 27th. Please mark your calendar to come and see how talented many of our students are. I know it will be a blessing! More details will come in a future newsletter with times of these special services.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out!