The end of the academic year is quickly approaching! It has been another unique year thanks to COVID, but our students have persevered through many different trials and changes thrown at them. I am grateful for the love and support of our school family as we have been forced to navigate so many new things this year. Since we are starting to wind down, I wanted to make sure you were aware of the MANY upcoming events.
- Teacher appreciation week. Next week is teacher appreciation week. They would never ask to be recognized, but I hope that you will take some time to send in a card or small gift to show your students’ teachers how much they mean to you and your family. They sacrifice so much to be part of your extended family and I know it would be an encouragement to know that you love and appreciate what they do.
- Picnic with Pastor. On Monday, May 3, students will have the chance to have a picnic lunch with Pastor Schwender. This has been earned by those who have said all of their Scripture passages for the entire year. Each student should know on Friday if they qualify. It will be a hot dog lunch with potato salad, baked beans, and some snacks. Every student who earned this lunch will be permitted to dress in normal casual day clothes.
- Kindergarten. Miss Carolyn should be reaching out to families individually, but we wanted to make sure you knew that the last day of kindergarten is May 6th. We will have a graduation practice at noon on May 27th, with the graduation at 6:00pm that evening.
- Chick-Fil-A. Many students purchased lunch from Chick-Fil-A with their hard-earned merits. We will be sending home an order form for those students next Wednesday, with lunch to be delivered on Thursday, May 6th.
- Merit Store. The final merit store of the year will be May 7th. Each student will have a chance to purchase items from the store with the merits they earned.
- Academic release. This year, academic early release will be available to two groups of students. The first will be all students who have earned enough stars for the year to have 4-Quarter honor roll. That means a full year of work was done in all of their core subjects. The second group will be students who are academically on track for graduation. These students may not have honor roll, but they have surpassed their projected grade level of work by the end of the year. This can be very confusing, but the supervisors will make sure each student (and parent) is aware of where they stand.
- Last Day. The last day of school is May 27th. There is an 11:30am dismissal time that day. Again, there is a kindergarten practice at 12:00pm
- Awards. Kindergarten graduation and school awards night will be May 27th at 6:00pm. We are asking all student to be there to support their kindergarten friends as well as be part of all the awards we hand out that night.
- Senior Graduation. Senior graduation is June 3rd at 6:30pm. We ask our student to be here to support the seniors in this major milestone in their lives.
- Enrollment. The application for the 2021-22 school year is live on the website. All students enrolled before the end of May will have the $100 application fee waived. Please make sure to enroll early! If you go to BBCALatrobe.com and click enrollment paperwork, there is a tab for the electronic application. You can also fill out the financial aid form on the corresponding website page as well.
I know there is a lot there. Thank you for bearing with me through it all. We are praying for a great ending to this school year. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any additional information!